Status messageActive context: patient_care_menu
Our Approach to Brain Injury Treatment
Brain injuries can cause physical, cognitive, and behavioral changes of varying severity—all of which can significantly impact daily life. Evaluation, treatment, training, and follow-up are all essential components of the program. We work with the people in the child’s everyday life to promote ongoing functional gains with the goal for the child to participate as fully as possible in school, at home, and in the community. Our team brings together innovative technology, research, and leading-edge therapies to best support the child’s needs in all settings. The brain injury team will ensure your questions are answered, the recommended treatment plan is explained, and the next steps are coordinated.
Treatment goals that we support for brain injury patients may include:
- Improve physical function, mobility, and independence to increase skills needed to perform activities of daily living
- Improve attention span, memory, and decision-making skills
- Improve adjustment and coping strategies
- Improve behavioral and social skills
- Medication management
- Develop cognitive and behavioral strategies to compensate for their injuries during recovery
- Maximize responsiveness
- Obtain, and train with, assistive technologies or equipment
Appointments & Referrals
Primary Diagnoses Served
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.