Patients who have recovered from the COVID-19 virus are more likely to have long-term physical, cognitive and emotional effects that linger after recovery. Children who have recovered are no exception.
Kennedy Krieger Institute is introducing a rehabilitation clinic for those children and adolescents under age 21 who have recovered from the virus but need additional support to regain lost neurological and physical function as a result of the illness.
- Potential patients must have had a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, are 28 days after a positive test and be asymptomatic.
- Patients will be seen within the week they call for an appointment.
- Appointments are for in-person and/or telehealth visits.
- Patients needing intensive therapy could be referred to inpatient treatment.
- The interdisciplinary clinic will provide the following services:
- Pediatric rehabilitation medicine
- Mental health
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
Make a Referral:
To make a referral, contact Patient Access at 443-923-9400 or email us.