We are committed to ensuring that our website is accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding the accessibility of this site, please use our Website Feedback Form, as we are continually striving to improve the experience for all of our visitors.
About the Website
- Navigation is consistent throughout the site.
- We strive to keep the navigation simple, limiting the use of drop down menus and other elements that make the user experience more cumbersome.
- The main navigation menu is on the top of each page.
- Section links can be found in the right hand column of the respective section.
- Users can always find their way back to the homepage using the Bread Crumb trail found at the top of every page.
- The footer contains redundant top level navigation links.
- The "look-and-feel" of the website is controlled by style sheets. As a result, users have the option to alter this website's appearance by substituting their own style sheet.
- If style sheets are disabled, all content is still readable.
- We have used dark purple against white, black against white, and white against dark orange and dark purple to allow for clear contrast and distinction between navigation elements.
Increasing the font size
- The font size of content can be increased using the text re-sizer in the header.
- If you would like to increase the font size of the entire site, use the browser controls.
- In all modern browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer 11, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) you can select View > Zoom or use the appropriate keyboard controls.
- In older versions of Internet Explorer, select View > Text Size.
- Unless they are purely decorative items, all images used on this web site have descriptive "alt" (alternative) attributes.
- Content should be usable/accessible with images "off" (disabled).
- Images are darkened significantly when text is used to ensure readability.
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- The first link in every document is a "skip to content" which is to skip directly to what is considered the main section of the page (the content).
- On interior pages, there is also a "skip to section navigation" link that will take you directly to those links.
For Our Users
Deaf Website Users
Audio podcasts and videos produced at Kennedy Krieger are accompanied with a written transcript or closed captioning. If you have challenges accessing any of our video or audio content please reach out to us using our Website Feedback Form.
Blind Or Visually Impaired Users
Below is a list of free Screen Readers For Blind Or Visually Impaired Users(1)
Serotek System Access (Windows)
Apple VoiceOver (OS X)
WebAnywhere (All OSs, Web browsers)
Spoken Web (Internet Explorer)
ChromeVox (Google Chrome)
ChromeVis (Google Chrome)
- When printing from any browser, all navigation menus, banners and navigation bars are removed.
- The pages of the website can be printed in any size including 8.5" x 11" letter, 8.5" x 14" legal and 11" x 17" tabloid.
- When printed our pages use a very clear and readable sans-serif font.
Links and resources found on this page are subject to change without notification. They are meant to give users an idea of other resources available to them.