The Center for Development and Learning is Kennedy Krieger’s oldest and largest medical clinic, treating children from birth to young adults with developmental and behavioral disorders.
Our neurodevelopmental and, developmental/behavioral pediatricians, and nurse practitioners evaluate children with developmental and/or behavioral disorders to determine the most accurate clinical diagnoses and their causes. The team will develop a plan of care for the individual, depending on their diagnosis.
Common diagnoses made in the Center for Development and Learning includes:
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Disruptive behavioral disorders
- Intellectual disabilities
- Language delays
- Learning disorders
- School adjustment or behavioral problems
- Social difficulties
The center's primary goals include:
- Diagnostic assessment
- Identification of secondary disorders
- Identification of cause of diagnosis when appropriate
- Treatment of medical needs, including medication management
- Therapeutic recommendations for school and home
- Ongoing monitoring of interventions and recommendations
The Center's team works closely with other disciplines at Kennedy Krieger Institute, including speech and language pathologists, neuropsychologists, behavioral psychologists, child psychiatrists, neurogeneticists, genetic counselors, and social workers to ensure that each patient is comprehensively evaluated and received the most appropriate treatment..
Related Materials and Information: