CASSI currently offers an inclusive early childhood education program for preschool-aged children. This free Pre-K program invites families of 3- and 4-year-olds with typical development, as well as those with suspected developmental delay, to apply for enrollment.
This free Pre-K program invites families of 3- and 4-year-olds with typical development, as well as those with suspected developmental delay, to apply for enrollment. We are currently enrolling for the 2024-2025 school year. Please see below for information on eligibility.
We currently have limited self-pay slots for families who are interested in this unique child care experience, but that do not fit the eligibility requirements.
This full-day program provides enriching comprehensive learning experiences for children through play and open ended exploration. There is a low student-to-staff ratio that allows the learning and emotional needs of each child to be met.
Highlights of daily activities include circle time, art/craft activities, free play, rest time and literacy activities.
Our pre-K classrooms are an inclusive setting where children have enriched experiences to promote social-emotional development (such as empathy and compassion for people who are different from themselves), perspective-taking, and building friendships, which has been shown to be beneficial to children with typical development as well as those with autism and other developmental delays.
Some children will be asked to participate in our separate autism classrooms, led by a speech language pathologist, as a peer model in a unique reverse inclusion model. We work with parents to identify which children would be best suited for this excellent experience.
Only 20 slots are available this year - APPLY NOW!
Highlights of Our Program:
- Free full day educational program
- Certified Pre-K teachers
- Highly skilled early childhood education staff
- Safe, well-equipped classrooms
- Enriching, multi-sensory classroom activities
- Daily parent engagement and communication through the Brightwheel app
- Free breakfast, lunch and snack provided daily
- Outside play twice per day, weather permitting
- Quarterly parent meetings related to topics of interest
- On-site access to related services such as occupational therapy, speech therapy, and social work, as needed
- Small class size (maximum of 13 students per room)
- Personal protective equipment provided for staff
- Adherence to health and safety guidelines set by the CDC, the Maryland State Department of Education and Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Thorough cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Virtual instruction provided in the event of unexpected school closures
Kennedy Krieger Institute - Greenspring Campus
3901 Greenspring Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21211
Please note: Transportation is not provided.
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., 7:30-5 wraparound care available for a fee
Classrooms will stagger arrival and departure times.
How to Apply:
- Openings will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis, pending eligibility
- Complete application and send to Diane Appel at Appel@KennedyKrieger.org
- Prior to acceptance, confirmed applicants (both caregiver and child) are invited to a screening visit at the center to determine if the program is a good fit for your child and family
- Child must be 3 or 4 years of age by September 1, 2024
- Child must be a Maryland resident
- Families must provide transportation for their children
- Parent are expected to take part in virtual parent-training activities during the school year
This free program is available to families whose income is no more than 300% above the federal poverty guideline (see chart) or students with an identified need. Families will be asked to provide proof of income during the registration process.
This program is made possible by a grant from the Maryland State Department of Education.