Trauma can have a profound impact on children and their families.
If your child has experienced:
- Community Violence
- Domestic Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Loss of a Loved One
It can cause unusual behaviors, such as:
No one should have to suffer from the effects of trauma alone.
The Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress is here to help your family find answers.
You and your child will benefit from our:
- Evidence based treatments
- Expert team of licensed social workers, psychiatrists, nurses, and mental health counselors
- Extensive research efforts to discover policies and practices that best support children and families
Elizabeth Thompson, Director of the Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress at Kennedy Krieger Institute, provides tips to help parents detect stresses in their child and describes how the Traumatic Stress Center works with families to overcome trauma.
Help is just a phone call away.
To make an appointment at the Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress,
please contact our Intake Coordinator at (443) 923-5980 or CCFTraumaticStressIntake@KennedyKrieger.org
In the event of an emergency, please contact 911 immediately
Download Our Brochure:
- Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress — Treatment Information Sheet (PDF)
- Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress — Factsheet (PDF)
- Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress — Brochure (PDF)