Thank you for choosing Kennedy Krieger Institute for your health care needs. Kennedy Krieger is committed to providing quality and affordable health care services regardless of the patient's ability to pay. This information sheet contains important information regarding Kennedy Krieger's financial assistance policy, along with patients' rights, obligations, insurance and billing information. You may be entitled to receive financial assistance for the cost of medically necessary services if you have low income, do not have insurance or if your insurance does not cover your medically necessary services and you have low income.
Kennedy Krieger's Financial Assistance Policy:
- Kennedy Krieger offers payment plans to assist patients who are experiencing difficulty paying their hospital bills.
- Kennedy Krieger complies with Maryland's legal requirement to provide financial assistance based on income level and family size.
- Kennedy Krieger patient services representatives are available to assist you with the application process at (443) 923-1870.
Patient Rights and Obligations:
- Patients that meet the financial assistance policy criteria may receive assistance from the hospital in paying their bill. It is your obligation to notify us if there have been any changes in your financial situation.
- You may be eligible for Maryland Medical Assistance, a program funded jointly by the state and federal governments. You may obtain information or apply for assistance by contacting your local Department of Social Services by phone at (800) 332-6347 or (800) 925-4434 (TTY), or on the Internet at www.dhr.state.md.us.
- For patients with the ability to pay, it is your responsibility to pay your hospital bill in a timely manner.
- It is your responsibility to provide Kennedy Krieger with correct insurance information to ensure Kennedy Krieger bills properly.
- If you do not have health coverage, you are expected to pay the bill in a timely manner.
- If you fail to meet your financial obligations for services rendered, you may be referred to a collection agency.
- If you believe you have been wrongly referred to a collection agency, you have the right to contact the hospital and request assistance.
Financial Assistance Documents:
- Financial Assistance Program Plain Language Summary
- Resumen en lenguaje sencillo de la Política de asistencia financier
- Financial Assistance Program Policy
- Política de asistencia financier
- Financial Assistance Application
- Solicitud de asistencia financier
- If you have any questions regarding your bills, would like to set up a payment plan or believe you have been wrongly referred to collection, you should contact the patient accounting office at (443) 923-1870, or toll free at (877) 599-1597.
- If you believe you meet the criteria for financial assistance, you should contact the Patient Accounting Department at (443) 923-1870, or toll free at (877) 599-1597.
- Kennedy Krieger patient representatives are available Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 4 PM.