Patient Relations serves as a resource to receive, address, and resolve care-related matters. We are responsible for managing the follow up and response process as it relates to patient and family concerns.
At Kennedy Krieger Institute, we are committed to providing person and family-centered care. We can only achieve our mission with the voices of the families we serve. Your feedback is important to us. In order to ensure an exceptional patient and family experience, we incorporate suggestions from satisfaction questionnaires into our policies, procedures and daily operations.
Patient Relations is Responsible for:
- Collecting both verbal and electronic feedback from patients/families/caregivers
- Sharing families’ feedback with teams throughout the Institute
- Helping families understand their rights and responsibilities and suggesting appropriate staff members and departments to contact regarding concerns
- Helping to coordinate additional support as needed
- Following up with families about their concerns and helping to resolve issues related to care
- Speak with a staff member, supervisor/manager, or department director when you are concerned with any aspect of your care.
- If you voice concern(s) and/or recommend change(s), our team will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs, while continuing to provide quality care.
- If you feel your concern(s) have not been resolved after speaking with your care team, and/or you wish to file a complaint, please contact Patient Relations at (443) 923-2640 or PatientRelations@KennedyKrieger.org. A Patient Relations Specialist will review and follow-up with you regarding your concerns.
- If you have exhausted all resources and continue to have a concern that has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact:
7120 Samuel Morse Drive Second Floor
Columbia, MD 21046
1 Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Contact the Office of Patient Experience and Community Engagement at (443) 923-2640, or email Kurman@KennedyKrieger.org.
- Contact the Patient Advocacy Program at (443) 923-2640, or email PatientExperience@KennedyKrieger.org.