This workshop will provide an overview of school discipline in Maryland, including the laws governing school discipline. The presenters will discuss the types of suspensions and expulsions and the process to appeal a suspension or expulsion. They will provide information about additional protections for students with disabilities and recent Maryland legislation related to school discipline.
Training Format/Duration: Classroom/1-3 hours
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Identify school discipline regulations that apply to all students.
- Apply additional protections for students with disabilities.
- Utilize school discipline data in Maryland recent Maryland legislation related to school discipline.
- Participate in manifestation determination meetings, functional behavioral assessments, and behavioral intervention plans.
- Support and other school staff
- Social workers
- Law professionals
- Family members