The Adaptive and Rehabilitative Sports Program at Kennedy Krieger Institute provides recreational and athletic experiences for individuals with disabilities.
Our adaptive sports programs are supported, in part, through funds raised through Team Kennedy Krieger’s participation in the yearly Baltimore Running Festival and other key fundraising events. These funds allow us to support the training needs of patients with disabilities by providing scholarships, adaptive equipment and opportunities to participate in adaptive sports and recreational activities. Without that support, we would be unable to provide these experiences for our patients and families.
Whether you sponsor an athlete, sponsor a team, volunteer your time and expertise, or make a donation to offset equipment and transportation costs, your assistance will help to provide adaptive sports and recreation opportunities to hundreds of individuals. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on donations, volunteers, and sponsors to help us provide great programs.
Here is how you can help provide athletic and recreational opportunities:
- Donate – You can make a monetary donation toward specific goals or sports equipment or help support a specific participant. Learn more.
- Volunteer – Our volunteers help during practices or at events. Contact 667-205-4242 or AdaptiveSports@KennedyKrieger.org
- Sponsor – We rely on community support to help provide opportunities and improve the lives of individuals with disabilities. If you would like to learn how you can help through sponsorship opportunities, please contact the Office of Philanthropy at 443-923-7300.
What your support means to our participants:
- $5,000 – Sponsor team travel to a national lacrosse tournament or a week in CO for 5 participants
- $2,500 – Sponsor a sail on the Impossible Dream adaptive catamaran or a two-day charter for scuba diving
- $1,500 – Enables the purchase of a sports chair or convert a handcycle to an electronic shifter
- $500 – Helps support a fishing charter for one day or airfare for a participant to Colorado for an outdoor adventure
- $200 – Enables the transportation of equipment to event locations or one night in a hotel room for a participant
- $100 – Covers the cost of one marathon entry fee or handcycle repair/tune-up
- $50 – Covers the cost of meals for a day for a participant or a daily rental fee for a lacrosse rink
- $25 – Supports the cost of gear for a participant such as a jersey or lacrosse gloves