The workshop will provide an overview of transition planning, including applicable federal and state laws and regulations. The presenters will discuss elements and goals of transition planning, including examples of quality and poor transition planning. The presenters will provide an overview of transition planning resources, including state and nonprofit resources.
Training Format/Duration: Classroom/1-3 hours
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Hear an overview of the laws relevant to transition.
- Learn about elements of effective transition planning
- Learn how to develop the transition planning section of an IEP
- Learn about recent MSDE technical assistance bulletins developed around transition planning.
- Learn about resources for transition planning
- Support and other school staff
- Social workers
- Law professionals
- Family members