This workshop will cover an overview of special education law and additional protections provided to students under Maryland law. The presenters will provide an overview of Maryland State Department of Education guidance and technical assistance bulletins and share online special education law resources.
Training Format/Duration: Classroom/1-3 hours
- Support and other school staff
- Law professionals
- Family members
- Social workers
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Describe laws relevant to special education.
- Discuss eligibility for special education and the special education evaluation process.
- Create goals for extended school year services and transition planning.
- Summarize available dispute resolution methods.