This interactive training for preschool teachers and others will focus on the importance of clear and effective communication between preschool teachers, clinicians, and parents, especially families of students with ASD and/or other developmental disabilities. After attending this training, participants will better understand barriers and facilitators to collaborative communication. The workshop will also provide participants with the tools to develop efficient two-way communication systems, prevent conflict, and engage in mutually supportive relationships with families of children with ASD and/or other developmental disabilities.
Training Format/Duration: Classroom/1-3 hours
- Pre-School Teachers
- Support and other school staff
- Social workers
- School Counselors
- Speech/language therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Implement ways to increasing parent engagement.
- List the barrier and facilitators to collaborative teaming.
- Develop efficient two-way communication system