This workshop will provide an overview of federal and state law and regulations, guidance from the federal government, and policies about bullying, harassment, and intimidation. The presenters will discuss how to address the issue in home, school, and the community, as well as provide tips for service providers and families.
Training Format/Duration: Classroom/1-3 hours
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Identify types of bullying, who are affected by bullying, where bullying occurs, and why bullying is a problem in the school setting.
- Implement strategies at bullying, harassment, and intimidation of students with disabilities in Maryland public schools.
- Summarize statistics on bullying and compare the prevalence of bullying among children with disabilities in comparison to their nondisabled peers.
- Apply federal guidance, state laws and policies, and case law addressing bullying.
- Utilize evidence-informed prevention strategies and effective ways to address bullying through a child’s Individualized Education Program.
- Support and other school staff
- Social workers
- Law professionals
- Family members