This training focuses on tools for managing children with problem behavior in the classroom. Specific information on using functional behavioral assessment, function-based interventions, data collection, and working collaboratively with a team are discussed. Special emphasis is placed on classroom-wide systems of positive reinforcement of socially appropriate behaviors such as communication, compliance, and learning new skills.
Training Format/Duration: Classroom/1-3 hours
- Support and other school staff
- Social workers
- Speech/language therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
This presentation is designed to help you:
- Implement procedures and environmental supports to maximize positive outcomes for individual with behavior problems in social and educational settings
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments to use as a basis for developing individualized behavior plans.
- Collect and use data to inform changes to may be needed to ongoing behavior plans.