This one-day workshop provides participants with an introductory overview of the basic theory of applied behavior analysis, as it pertains to teaching new behavior, reducing problem behavior for children with a variety of developmental and intellectual disabilities. This training is for professionals who are or will be working with children with developmental disabilities but do not have a strong behavioral background.
Training Format/Duration: Classroom/Full Day
- Support and other school staff
- Social workers
- Speech/language therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
This workshop is designed to help you:
- Describe the history of applied behavior analysis and its basic theoretical foundations.
- Identify the basic principles of applied behavior analysis and how it applies to a variety of settings and contexts.
- Apply the basic principles to change behavior, whether it is in educational, community, or home settings and situations.