The Office of Patient Experience & Community Engagement serves as a central location for patients and families to provide feedback, both positive and constructive; ask questions regarding policies and guidelines; and provide support and advocacy to assist with resolving concerns. We are responsible for managing the follow up and response process as it relates to patient and family concerns.
At Kennedy Krieger Institute, we are committed to providing person and family-centered care. We are always looking for opportunities to partner with families because their unique insights help us improve the experience for everyone. This partnership helps us to deliver safe, high-quality care with compassion and respect.
We can only achieve our mission with the voices of the families we serve. Your feedback is important to us. In order to ensure an exceptional patient and family experience, we incorporate suggestions from satisfaction questionnaires into our policies, procedures and daily operations.
The Office of Patient Experience & Community Engagement is responsible for:
- Collecting both verbal and electronic feedback from patients
- Sharing families’ feedback with teams throughout the Institute
- Assisting patients and families by answering questions
- Explaining hospital policies and guidelines
- Helping families understand their rights and responsibilities and suggesting appropriate staff members and departments to contact regarding concerns
- Arranging additional support as needed
- Following up with families about their concerns and helping to resolve issues related to care
- Providing a patient advocate to assist with the resolution of concerns, complaints and grievances, by working as a liaison between healthcare providers and patient/family
If you have concerns and/ or a want to make a complaint about your experience, you have the following options:
- Speak with a staff member, supervisor/manager, or department director when you are concerned with any aspect of your care.
- If you voice concern(s) and/or recommend change(s), our team will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs, while continuing to provide quality care.
- If you have question, need assistance, would like to share your feedback, and/or would like to request a patient advocate, call the Office of Patient Experience & Community Engagement at 443-923-2640 or email us at PatientExperience@kennedykrieger.org.
- If you have exhausted all resources and continue to have a concern that has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact:
7120 Samuel Morse Drive Second Floor
Columbia, MD 21046
1 Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181