Members of the Oncology Clinic are part of a research partnership that include the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, and the Johns Hopkins School of Education. Research is focused on improving care and outcomes for pediatric and young adult cancer survivors.
- Carey, L. B., Ruble, K., Paré-Blagoev, J., Milla, K., Thornton, C. P., Henegan, S., & Jacobson, L. A. (2021). Childhood cancer survivors and distance education challenges: Lessons learned from the covid-19 pandemic. Journal of Pediatric Psychology. https://doi.org/10.1093/jpepsy/jsab103
- Carey, L.B., Ruble, K., Paré-Blagoev, E.J., Jacobson, L.A. (2021) Advocating for immunocompromised children in the time of COVID-19: Learning from children with cancer [White paper]. Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins School of Education, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- Ruble et al., 2020. Pediatric oncology provider perspectives and practices: Supporting patients and families in schooling after cancer diagnosis: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/pbc.28166
- Beeler et al., 2020. Educating Childhood Cancer Survivors: a Qualitative Analysis of Parents Mobilizing Social and Cultural Capital: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32088849/
- Paré-Blagoev et al., 2020. Tools of the trade to address schooling related communication needs after childhood cancer: A mini-review with consideration of health disparity concerns: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0093775420300038
- Ruble et al., 2019. Assessment of Online Resources for Returning to School During and After Treatment of Childhood Cancer: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31049872/
- Paré-Blagoev et al., 2019. Schooling in Survivorship: Understanding Caregiver Challenges when Survivors Return to School: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30758107/
- Ruble et al., 2018. Parent perspectives on oncology team communication regarding neurocognitive impacts of cancer therapy and school reentry: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30160071/