Applicants for the postdoctoral fellowship should have a doctoral degree in Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychology from an APA accredited graduate program as well as an APA accredited pre-doctoral internship. In reviewing applications, the training committee considers:
- The applicant’s demonstrated interest and experience in evaluating and treating childhood trauma
- Previous experiences working with culturally diverse populations
- Training in diagnostic psychological assessment of cognitive, adaptive, and personality functions of children and youth. Familiarity and experience with administering and interpreting projective assessment measures including the Rorschach is required
- Training and experience in evidence-based treatment models including but not limited to trauma interventions for children
- Overall experience providing clinical services to with children, youth, and families
Formal proof of matriculation or completion of all graduation requirements, from the degree granting institution, is required before the fellow can obtain appointment through the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dates and Deadlines:
- Application is made through the APPA CAS electronic application section on the APPIC.org website and is due December 13, 2021.
- Interviews will be conducted remotely by means of synchronous Zoom contacts on dates between January 10 and February 4, 2022.
- Offers will be made on the APPIC Uniform Notification date: February 22, 2022 at 10 a.m. EST.
- Training year dates: September 6, 2022 through September 1, 2023
Required Application Materials:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vita
- Three professional letters of reference from former supervisors, training directors, etc.
- A list of all psychological test measures administered and interpreted, including number of times the measure has been used
- Transcript documenting completion of doctoral program and/or planned graduation date.
Further questions about the postdoctoral fellowship and application procedures should be directed to Daniel Hoover, PhD, ABPP Director of Psychology Training:
Phone: (443) 923-5922