Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_yellow
Doctoral Training in Professional Psychology: Application Guidelines
Qualifications for applying to the internship program include current enrollment in an APA-accredited (preferred) or regionally accredited (accepted) Ph.D., Psy.D., or Ed.D. program in Psychology within the US and completion of at least three years of graduate-level study by the start of the appointment. All applicants are required to submit their application online at www.appic.org, click on “AAPI Online”. We cannot accept mailed applications. Applicants to the Internship program must submit the following via AAPI Online:
- A complete AAPI.
- A cover letter stating your tracks of interests as well as your training goals.
- A curriculum vita.
- Official transcript of graduate-level coursework.
- Letters of recommendation written by three professors or work supervisors. All letter writers must use the Standard Reference Form (SRF) required by APPIC.
- OPTIONAL: One representative publication or one psychological report (Submitted as supplemental materials. Do not send a copy of your dissertation or thesis).
Due to APPIC’s new policy on supplemental materials, we can no longer require a completed Clinical Rotations Checklist Form. Therefore, you must clearly state the tracks of interest within your cover letter (including the 6-digit NMS program code). Please refer to Training Tracks for Program Codes.
This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
For questions or additional information, please call Karen Janowiak, Training Coordinator at 443-923-7533 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional Training Overview
- Professional Training Programs
- Training Disciplines
- Professional Training Faculty
- Training Affiliations
- Training, Technical Assistance, Dissemination