A compilation of guides, factsheets and online resources for patient families.
The staff at CARD worked with the staff from the National Museum of Dentistry to develop a guide to help parents of children with autism spectrum disorder succeed in teaching good oral healthcare. "Healthy Smiles for Autism" is a free guide that helps parents teach children with autism spectrum disorder how to brush and floss with the help of step-by-step instruction, social stories, and visual sequencing cards that can be used wherever brushing happens. The guide also provides information to help parents prepare their children for a first dental visit. This guide is free and downloadable at www.healthysmilesforautism.org.
The staff of the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD) at Kennedy Krieger Institute has compiled a list of additional autism-related resources. CARD is providing these links to additional resources as a service to our users. These links are intended to be for informational use only.
- The Resource Finder: A Project of Kennedy Krieger Institute
- AutismLink: Information and Support for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Society of America
- Center for Autism and Developmental Disabilities Epidemiology (CADDE)
- Cure Autism Foundation Now Foundation
- First Signs
- Future Horizons
- National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities (NCBDDD): Learn the Signs Act Early Campaign
- National Information Center for Children and Youth Disabilities
- Pathfinders for Autism
- TEACCH, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Click on the links below to download a variety of helpful factsheets and resources created by the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (CARD).
- Center for Autism and Related Disorders Brochure (PDF)
- Play with Me Program at the Center for Autism and Related Disorders Factsheet (PDF)
- Center for Autism and Related Disorders Factsheet (PDF)
- Coping with an Autism Diagnosis (PDF)
- Picture Exchange Communication Factsheet (PDF)
- Sensory Processing Factsheet (PDF)
- Parent-Friendly Guide to Research (PDF)
- Occupational Therapy Services at the Center for Autism and Related Disorders (PDF)