Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_green
Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities (MCDD)
Who We Are
The Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities is one of a national network of University Centers for Excellence funded by the Administration on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities. Our mission is to provide leadership that advances the inclusion of people with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities.
What We Do
We link the community to vital research and information to improve the lives of people with disabilities through four core functions:
- Interdisciplinary Pre-Service Training
- Community Service and Technical Assistance
- Research and Evaluation
- Dissemination Activities
What Sets Us Apart
- Worldwide expertise of Kennedy Krieger Institute, an internationally recognized leader
- Medical-legal partnership that integrates legal care for families into clinical practice
- Self advocates on site leading People On The Go Maryland
- State-of-the-art training services advance careers and practice of developmental disability professionals
- Web-based data system for real-time access to evaluation and planning information
- Cultural Competence
- Person and Family-Centered Practices
- Community Inclusion
- Excellence: Leading Through Innovation, Best Practices, and Collaboration
People with developmental disabilities are increasingly assuming their rightful place in society. Staff of the Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities adhere to high ethical standards of professional practice and respect and support the legal and human rights of people with developmental disabilities and their families.
State Developmental Disability Network Organizations (Sister Agencies)
Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration
Maryland State Department of Education
Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office for Genetics and People with Special Health Care Needs (Maryland’s Title V Agency)
The Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities is one of a national network of University Centers for Excellence (UCEDD) federally funded by the Administration on Developmental Disabilities
Building Partnerships. Changing Lives.
MCDD News & Updates
Passage of the Equal Employment Act:
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.