Choose YOUR own path!
Our training program offers participants with a continuum of tiered supports based on your level of interest, available time and learning needs:
Professional development activities also include consultation and coaching sessions and a community of practice for early childhood educators and providers. All learning paths begin with a guided observation, either virtual or in person, of our Model of Excellence classroom which is the anchor of our Maryland Rebuilds program.
Tier 1 (Core Supports)
- Guided Observations of our Model of Excellence (MoE) classroom – Choose a virtual or in-person option to observe our model classroom and see our evidence-based practices implemented during key instructional moments. Engage in the observation with our Maryland Rebuilds coaches by discussing your insights, questions, and reflections for implementation strategies in your own classroom.
- Web-based Learning Modules – Choose from a range of our 15-minute learning modules. Content areas include emergent literacy and early math, social-emotional learning and behavior, inclusive instruction, and family engagement.
- Community of Practice – Connect and develop relationships with other early childhood educators/providers in the state. Collaborate on shared ideas, concerns, and interests related to early childhood topics. Meet on Zoom and other online platforms to build supportive early childhood networks and community.
Tier 2 (Targeted)
- All Tier/Level 1 activities
- Consultation/Coaching Sessions – Partner with our certified educators and early childhood specialists from our Maryland Rebuilds team for up to 3 individualized sessions. We will collaborate with you directly in your classroom (or virtually) to target specific professional development goals, work together to problem solve areas of concern, and provide supportive feedback on evidence-based strategies.
Tier 3 (Individualized)
- All Tier/Level 2 Activities
- Consultation/Coaching Sessions – up to 10 sessions
- Implementation Kits – Educators and providers will be given learning kits for their classrooms/programs filled with useful instructional materials and resources. Teachers who participate at this level will also receive learning kits to send home to support family engagement and partnership in learning.