Open a world of possibilities for a community filled with heroes.
Since 1937, Kennedy Krieger Institute’s research and innovations have changed how the world supports individuals with disorders and injuries of the brain, spinal cord and nervous system. Your gift today can change lives by helping to fund our comprehensive approach because, with us, they can pursue all that's possible.
Your Gift Today
- Helps 27,000+ patients each year
- Trains 700+ healthcare experts yearly
- Breaks barriers with 100s of medical discoveries since 1937
- Funds groundbreaking research in 45 diverse brain, spinal cord and nervous system disorders
- Supports 2,500 clinicians and staff dedicated to serving individuals and adults with special needs
- Provides for 13 locations across Maryland
Together, with your generosity, we transform lives.
Being a child or adult with disabilities can be an incredibly isolating experience. Your gift provides our patients with:
- A dedicated, interdisciplinary team of specialists cheering them on every step of the way.
- 24/7 inpatient programs, outpatient treatment and home- and community-based services and centers
- Early support for the greatest impact on development
Research & Training
Our scientists are worldwide leaders in preventing and treating disorders of the brain, spinal cord and nervous system. Your gift supports medical breakthroughs in imaging technology, genetic discoveries and bioinformatics and helps patients across the globe.
Every mind matters. Our patients and students overcome enormous challenges every day—and even greater barriers to receiving the customized education they need and deserve.
Your gift has an enormous impact by enabling us to:
- Advocate for kids with special needs
- Provide compassionate, cutting-edge educational programs that many families cannot find elsewhere
- Offer award-winning and nationally recognized schools in Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- Partner with public schools for the best education possible for kids with special needs
Support families through free, comprehensive family education programs.
Your gift creates true transformation by extending our reach beyond the Institute’s walls and directly into the communities where our patients and students live.
To help children and adults with special needs achieve independence, productivity and inclusion within their communities, we fund:
- Outreach and education
- Early intervention support services
- Job training
- Adaptive sports
- Access to resources
- Therapeutic foster care
The Institute’s Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities (MCDD) partners with community organizations and state agencies to provide vital resources and services throughout Maryland for individuals with special needs.