There are so many ways to support children with special needs.
Create your own event
Host your own fundraising event for Kennedy Krieger. We provide all the tools to make it easy and fun.
- Unite friends, family, and co-workers around a single cause
- Raise awareness and funds for our work in your community
- Events may range from a dinner party to 5K run or golf tournament – no event is too small or too large!
Make a difference in the life of a child with special needs by volunteering. We have several ways for your to experience our work first-hand, make personal connections with our staff and the children we serve, and have a good time helping others.
- Individual volunteer. Volunteers typically assist staff with patient activities such as playing games, helping with crafts, or even performing a special talent. Contact the Patient & Community Engagement department at 443-923-2640.
- Group volunteer. Many groups, organizations, and companies assist us with on-site volunteer days, collecting items from our Wish List, organizing food drives, or helping a family through our Adopt-A-Family Holiday Gift Program. Contact the Patient & Community Engagement department at 443-923-2640.
- Special events volunteer. If you’re interested in volunteering at one of our special events, please email Events@KennedyKrieger.org.
- Women’s Initiative Network. The Women’s Initiative Network is a membership organization dedicated to making a positive impact on families and children at Kennedy Krieger through activities, events and fundraisers.
- Therapeutic Foster Care. We urgently need foster and respite parents to help care for children on a full-time or part-time basis. Please visit our Therapeutic Foster Care page for more information or call Stephanie King at 443-923-3238.
Share your story
We want to hear stories from family members, adult patients, student families, researchers, staff and faculty members.
Tell us about how Kennedy Krieger Institute has made a difference in your life.
Connect With Us
Make a difference! Get involved with us here at Kennedy Krieger! If you’d like to get started, please contact us below:
Patient Experience and Community Engagement
If you’re interested in volunteering, please call us at 443.923.2640.
Special Events Volunteers
If you’re interested in volunteering at one of our special events, please email Events@KennedyKrieger.org
Therapeutic Foster Care
If you're interested in becoming a foster parent, please call Stephanie King at 443.923.3238.