The NDD Training Program at the Kennedy Krieger Institute builds on at least two core years of pediatric training in an ACGME approved program. We accept two residents per year.
Applications can be made at the end of medical school and in conjunction with applications for preliminary two years of pediatrics, during the PL1 year in an ACGME program, or in the PGY3 year. Fourth year medical students and current pediatrics residents may apply through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
NDD Match Position Types:
- JHH Neurodevelopmental Disabilities – Categorical (1 position): The NRMP program code is 1242186C0
- JHH Neurodevelopmental Disabilities –Advanced position (1 position): The NRMP program code is 1242186A0
- JHH Neurodevelopmental Disabilities – Reserved position (2 positions to start July 2023): The NRMP program code is 1242186R0
In addition to the ERAS application you send to our NDD Categorical program, please apply to JHH Pediatrics preliminary position through ERAS as well. The NRMP program number is 1242320P2. Our programs work closely together and co-applying to the programs allows them to review your application. You will receive a separate interview invitation with Pediatrics after you interview with our program.
The new 2022 optional Supplemental ERAS application is not required for our NDD or the JHH-combined pediatrics program.
The application process requires:
- Completion of the application form on the NRMP website
- A copy of your latest curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation including one chief letter.
- A virtual visit to the Kennedy Krieger Institute and interview with the faculty.