Brain injuries can cause physical, cognitive and behavioral changes of varying severity—all of which can significantly impact daily life. We incorporate evaluation, treatment, training and follow-up into our program to help patients return to their lives post-injury.
Our team brings together innovative technology, research, and leading-edge therapies to best support the child’s needs in all settings and to ensure your questions are answered, the recommended treatment plan is explained and the next steps are coordinated.
We work with the people in the child’s everyday life to promote ongoing functional gains with the goal for the child to participate as fully as possible in school, at home, and in the community.
Treatment goals that we support for brain injury patients may include:
- Improve physical function, mobility, and independence to increase skills needed to perform activities of daily living
- Improve attention span, memory, and decision-making skills
- Improve adjustment and coping strategies
- Improve behavioral and social skills
- Medication management
- Develop cognitive and behavioral strategies to compensate for their injuries during recovery
- Maximize responsiveness
- Obtain, and train with, assistive technologies or equipment