Applications are accepted from January through September.
Applicants must have completed a four-year ACGME-approved residency.
How to Apply:
There is one fellowship position available each year starting July 1 and ending June 30. We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) (see application packet for important dates). Registration in this match process is mandatory. You may begin the match process by registering here: http://www.nrmp.org
If you are interested in applying, please submit the SCIM Fellowship Application directly to:
The International Center for Spinal Cord Injury
Attention: Alison Staples, SCIM Fellowship Coordinator
801 North Broadway, 5th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21224
Additional contact information:
Application materials may be sent via email (preferred), regular mail or fax (443-923-9540)
Letters of recommendation can be sent directly to us from your program director or coordinator via email (preferred), regular mail or fax (443-923-9540).
- We are mainly conducting virtual interviews.
- We may conduct in-person interviews during the annual Academy of Spinal Cord Injury Professionals (ASCIP) annual conference in San Diego, California. If new restrictions are implemented at that time, interviews will be done virtually.
- If you are not attending ASCIP, we will set up a teleconference interview for you.
- An in-person interview or on-site visit to Baltimore is not a mandatory requirement to be considered for the fellowship.
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Kennedy Krieger Institute SCI Fellowship Program Deadlines
- March 1, 2021: Accepting applications
- September 15, 2021: Last day for submitting an application
SCIM Fellowship Application Important Dates
- August 11, 2021: Match opens at 12 p.m. EST
- September 8, 2021: Ranking opens at 12 p.m. EST
- September 29, 2021: Programs: Quota change deadline at 11:59 p.m. EST
- October 13, 2021: Rank order list certification deadline 9 p.m. EST
- October 27, 2021: Match Day at 12 p.m. EST