Health, safety and privacy are paramount for Kennedy Krieger Institute.
We are continuously monitoring and responding to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation.
We are following CDC guidelines and recommendations from national, state and local health departments, Johns Hopkins Medicine and the Maryland Hospital Association guidelines along with our state’s restrictions, to minimize risk for our patients, students, staff members and the public.
If you already have an appointment, there’s no need to cancel.
Please call the clinic where you have the appointment (the number is on your appointment confirmation letter) to confirm if you should come in person, or if your appointment is through our telehealth system.
For new appointments, we will advise how the appointment will be delivered and provide easy instructions for all telephone or video appointments.
Our inpatient hospital continues to serve patients and is working hard to ensure the continued safety of our patients, families and staff members. Click here for more information about inpatient hospital admissions.
Visiting or Traveling to Kennedy Krieger Institute
All patients (both inpatient and outpatient) may be accompanied or visited by only ONE adult, over age 18. All patients and visitors will be screened for symptoms (fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat) prior to being seen on the day of the visit/appointment. If the patient or visitor is ill, the patient will be not be seen, or admitted, and the appointment will be rescheduled. Thank you for your cooperation.
NOTE: We are following CDC recommendations for social distancing. All patients, visitors and staff members are asked to keep a distance of 6 feet apart.. We have postponing or cancelled planned events. Please see this link for updates on events (LINK). Per state mandate, all Kennedy Krieger schools will be closed until Friday, April 24.
All of us at Kennedy Krieger are working hard to keep you, your family and our staff members safe from COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses.
What To Do If You Are Sick:
- If you are sick, please do not come to your appointment. Please call to reschedule. We will make every effort to see you as soon as possible.
- If you do come to your appointment AND you are sick with a fever, cough or other possible COVID-19 symptoms OR have traveled to specific regions with high rates of COVID-19, we will not see you for your appointment. You will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
We appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Our focus is on the safety and health of all who come to Kennedy Krieger.
How To Protect Yourself:
Continue to practice everyday preventive actions now:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects daily.
- Wash your hands often!
Please notify Kennedy Krieger prior to your appointment if you:
- Are traveling from, or recently visited recently New York, Connecticut or New Jersey or outside of the U.S. (check this link for up-to-date list)
- Have a fever, cough, sore throat, or rash
- Had recent contact with someone with fever, cough or rash
- If you have had contact with someone in your household who has been confirmed positive on COVID-19 testing.
The CDC recommends that masks only be used by people with respiratory symptoms.
If -a patient or visitor requires a mask, they cannot enter a Kennedy Krieger building since that person would not pass our visitor/patient screening for symptoms of COVID-19.
More information can be found via the links below:
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Maryland Department of Health
- Coronavirus Resource Links from Kennedy Krieger