Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_green
Maureen van Stone, Esq., M.S.
Associate Director, Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities (MCDD)
Director, Project HEAL
716 N. Broadway, Office 106
Baltimore, MD 21205
Tel: (443) 923-4416
Fax: (443) 923-4417
Maureen van Stone is the associate director of the Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities (MCDD) at Kennedy Krieger Institute (KKI) and the director of Project HEAL (Health, Education, Advocacy, and Law), a MCDD community-based program. Project HEAL is Maryland’s only medical-legal partnership, which provides advocacy and legal services to low-income families and children with disabilities who receive services at Kennedy Krieger.
Maureen earned a bachelor’s degree in psychology at the University of Southern California, a master’s degree in developmental psychology at The Johns Hopkins University, and a Juris Doctor at Whittier Law School, with a concentration on children’s legal issues. Prior to law school, Maureen worked as a clinician on the Neurobehavioral Unit in the Department of Behavioral Psychology at Kennedy Krieger for six years.
Maureen is a recent graduate of the Leadership Maryland Class of 2012. She recently received The Daily Record’s 2012 Leadership in Law, which recognized 24 judges and attorneys who demonstrate outstanding achievement in law; involvement in the profession; support of the community; and mentoring. Maureen was also recognized by The Daily Record as one of Maryland’s 2011 Leading Women. The award recognizes women age 40 or younger for the tremendous accomplishments they have made so far in their careers.
Ms. van Stone will be directing several key areas of focus for the Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities.
- First, she will coordinate (in collaboration with key support staff) all communications and updates with the CAC, ensuring timely materials, and scheduling.
- Second, she will work with the DD Network during the legislative session in Maryland, to coordinate program and evaluation information, MCDD updates, and legislative updates to MCDD and Kennedy Krieger staff.
- Third, she will coordinate (with the Kennedy Krieger PR/Marketing department) the development of all materials for dissemination including all posters, presentations, and quarterly newsletters.
- Fourth, Ms. van Stone will guest lecture on disability law and policy at various colleges and universities in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Finally, Ms. van Stone will coordinate the application and implementation of all MCDD Trainees from the various participating universities and colleges in the State.
MCDD News & Updates
Passage of the Equal Employment Act:
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.