It may seem hard to believe, but we’ve been living with the coronavirus pandemic for more than a year. The good news is that vaccines are now available. Please read the important resources listed below. Topics include ASL videos on COVID-19, Maryland’s new Vaccination Support Center and more.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center: The Maryland Departments of Health and Aging have collaborated on the COVID-19 Vaccination Support Center, a new telephone-based support line and appointment system designed to help those without internet access. Call 1-855-MDGOVAX (1-855-634-6829) for assistance.
- “What People with Disabilities and Care Providers Need to Know About the COVID-19 Vaccine”
- “A Pandemic Lesson: Family Togetherness Makes Children Happy”
- COVID-19 ASL YouTube Videos
- “‘I’m a Vaccine’ — How a Hypothetical COVID-19 Vaccine Came to Be, ‘Schoolhouse Rock!’-Style”
- Johns Hopkins Disability Health Research Center and the Center for Dignity in Healthcare for People with Disabilities launched the COVID-19 Vaccine Prioritization Dashboard on February 8.
“The COVID-19 Pandemic and People with Disabilities: Primary Concerns, the AUCD Network Response, and Needs for the Future
- After getting a COVID-19 vaccine, you may experience minimal side effects. These are normal signs that your body is building protection. Here are tips to relieve common post-vaccination side effects.