Status messageActive context: patient_care_menu
Phone: (443) 923-4442
For Appointments: (443) 923-9400
All Department of Neuropsychology psychologists are licensed by the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists. All psychology associates work under the supervision of a licensed psychologist in accord with state regulations. School psychologists may be either licensed psychologists or certified school psychologists (certified by the Maryland State Department of Education). Licensed professional counselors are licensed by the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists.
Inpatient Neuropsychology Service:
- To offer comprehensive assessment and cognitive rehabilitation services to all children admitted to Kennedy Krieger Institute's Brain Injury treatment program
- To provide consultative services to care for children with a range of developmental, attention, learning, cognitive, emotional and behavioral concerns
Department of Neuropsychology's Outpatient Program:
- To offer comprehensive assessment services to care for children with a range of developmental, attention, learning, cognitive, emotional and behavioral concerns
The Neuropsychology Service serves individuals from infancy through young adulthood. All services are applied using professional expertise to understand the relationship between the individual child's neurological condition, development and functioning, with an emphasis on fostering understanding and providing recommendations to families, schools and other professionals in order to maximize each child's potential.
The Outpatient Neuropsychology Service serves individuals from infancy through young adulthood, offering comprehensive services through a Diagnostic Intake Clinic and specialty clinics focused on developmental psychological and neuropsychological assessment. All department services apply professional expertise to the understanding of development and functioning, with an emphasis on fostering understanding and providing recommendations to families, schools and other professionals in order to maximize each child's potential.
Assessments typically include a clinical interview with the caregiver(s), observation of the child and formal psychological testing. Formal testing may include measures of the following: intellectual functioning, adaptive skills, attention/executive functions, language and language-related processes, academic/pre-academic achievement, nonverbal/visual processing, learning and memory, motor skills, personality and emotional functioning.
Psychological and Neuropsychological Assessments
The Department of Neuropsychology offers neuropsychological and psychological assessments for individuals from birth to age 30 with a range of medical, neurological, developmental, learning, and behavioral concerns.
The Department of Neuropsychology offers training at many levels, including the following:
- Externships for students in master's and doctoral programs in psychology.
- APA-accredited doctoral internship program for students in APA- or CPA-accredited doctoral programs in psychology.
- Post-doctoral fellowships in pediatric neuropsychology and in clinical child psychology/developmental disabilities.
- Research training positions for undergraduate and master’s students.
The Neuropsychology Research Lab operates as a division of the Department of Neuropsychology at Kennedy Krieger Institute and is dedicated to clinical research in the science of brain-behavior relationships. In addition to supporting clinically-based research projects within the Department of Neuropsychology, the lab offers contractual psychological and neuropsychological research services to investigators elsewhere within the Institute and within the Johns Hopkins community. Please visit the Neuropsychology Research Lab webpage for more information on our current research and consultation services.
- Patient Care Overview
- Diagnoses & Disorders
- Concerns & Symptoms
- Find a Specialist
- Patient Care Programs
- Patient Care Centers
- Departments & Medical Specialties
- Patient Care Laboratories
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- For Health Care Professionals
- Request an Appointment
- Online Bill Pay
Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.