- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- The National Academies of Sciences Engineering Medicine
In a Crisis
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Call 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line – Text HOME to 741741
Watch an Interview
Throughout the pandemic, Kennedy Krieger’s experts gave interviews on a variety of topics relevant to families. Here are some:
- Kids and Mental Health
- Kids and School Anxiety
- Latinos and Mental Health
- Insights on Suicide Prevention
Talking to Your Child About Mental Health
Tips from Dr. Carmen Lopez-Arvizu, Medical Director, Psychiatric Mental Health Program
- Engage in conversation.
- Be Present.
- Reach out for help.
- Don’t judge.
- Don’t minimize their feelings.
- Don’t ignore it.