PACT’s Pre-K classroom is a free program for children ages 4 and 5 with special healthcare needs and living in central Maryland.
As part of PACT’s World of Care, the classroom is located within the only child care center in the Baltimore region for children who require daily nursing care. At PACT’s medical child care center, children enjoy a state-of-the-art, accessible playground; indoor playrooms for active play throughout the year; adaptive equipment; and a multisensory room. PACT’s World of Care is fully licensed and accredited by the state of Maryland.
Services We Offer
PACT’s Pre-K classroom welcomes children who require daily nursing care, such as those with:
- Respiratory conditions
- Gastroenterology disorders
- Feeding, nutrition and weight gain needs
- Cardiac conditions
- Neurological disorders, including seizures
- Kidney and renal disorders
- Genetic disorders
- Developmental disabilities requiring speech, occupational or physical therapy
Eligibility criteria for attending PACT’s Pre-K classroom include:
- Family must reside in central Maryland
- Child’s birthday must be between September 2, 2012 and September 2, 2013
- Family must provide child’s transportation to and from the classroom
- Family income must fall at or below one of the household maximums shown below:
Household Size Family Income 1 $36,180 2 $48,720 3 $61,260 4 $73,800 5 $86,340 6 $98,880
PACT’s Pre-K classroom provides quality education and child care in a cheerful, well-equipped center. PACT’s team provides:
- Enriching classroom activities to enhance school readiness skills
- Family activities, including parent support groups, counseling, and home and hospital visits
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies and evaluations
- Specialized groups (e.g., gross motor and feeding/meal time groups)
- Daily nursing assessments to identify and treat medical concerns
- Coordination with primary care providers and medical specialists
- Free meals
Our highly trained staff works in partnership with families and medical providers to create the best environment for children with healthcare needs. Our team includes:
- A certified Pre-K teacher
- Highly skilled, nurturing child care staff (ratio of 1:4 for Pre-K)
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists
- Pediatric registered nurses (ratio of 1:14)
PACT’s Pre-K classroom is provided at no cost to families.
Both parent payments and child care vouchers are accepted for before-school and after-school care.
Medical assistance is accepted for therapies and nursing care.
PACT can provide assistance to families who need help obtaining medical assistance or child care vouchers.
PACT's Pre-K classroom is funded by a grant from the Maryland State Department of Education.
Now Enrolling! Please Contact Us Today
Sharon Holloway, World of Care Director
7000 Tudsbury Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21244