PACT is proud to be recognized for the impact our programs have had in the community.
- PACT is a United Way Community Partner.
- PACT’s World of Care and Therapeutic Nursery specialized child care centers are accredited by the Maryland State Board of Education. Only 12% of the child care centers in Maryland have received accreditation through the Maryland State Board of Education, an indication of a high quality center.
- The Therapeutic Nursery was identified in the 2013 American Almanac of Family Homelessness as being a national model program for Early Childhood Development
- PACT has built a successful partnership with Port Discovery Children’s Museum. As a result of our collaborations, Port Discovery has more inclusive programs for children and families with special needs. Additionally, Met Life and the Association of Children’s Museums awarded our partnership their “2009 Promising Practice Award” and “2010 Replication Award” which enabled us to create an on-line toolkit (www.explorability.org). ExplorAbility provides interactive training so that other cultural and educational organizations can provide an inclusive “playful” therapeutic community for children of all abilities.
- Audrey Leviton, PACT’s Executive Director, was a recipient of the SmartCEO 2012 Brava! Award honoring top female CEO’s in the Baltimore area. Previously Audrey was recognized as one of The Daily Record’s Top 100 Women (1999) for making an impact through leadership, community service and mentoring.
- PACT’s Honorary Board member and past Chair, Victoria Sulerzyski, received the United Way’s 2012 Tocqueville Society- Volunteer of a Lifetime Award which is given each year to one individual for their outstanding leadership and for playing a major role in making a difference in our community.
- The Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce presented PACT: Helping Children with Special Needs with its 1999 Baltimore County Building Community Award for providing outstanding community outreach, education and impact.