Guest Services: We are committed to making your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Our Patient & Community Engagement department organizes and plans outings and special events for inpatient parents and caregivers, and also provides support and activities so you can take a break, relax, and recharge. A Kennedy Krieger Patient & Community Engagement department representative is available to assist you during your stay and can be reached at (443) 923-2640.
Parent Lounge: Located on the third floor, our parent lounge includes a microwave, refrigerator, and seating area. A bathroom, shower, and computer with Internet access are also available. Lockers are available for personal items and can be obtained through the Patient & Community Engagement department. The parent lounge is open 24 hours a day; however, this area is for adults only and is not a sleeping area. The door access code is provided by nursing staff upon admission.
Seated Massage: Complimentary 10-minute seated massages are offered each week to parents and caregivers. A sign-up sheet is located in the parent lounge.
- A family member or caregiver can room with the patient on the inpatient unit. Because of space limitations, only one individual per patient may spend the night at any given time.
- Individuals rooming-in (family members and friends) must be 18 years of age or older.
- If the guest is someone other than a parent or guardian, written permission must be obtained from the parent/legal guardian or the patient (if older than 18 years of age) authorizing that the person can stay with the patient.
- Individuals rooming-in with a patient must provide photo identification, and a copy will be placed in the medical record.
- Individuals rooming-in should arrive no later than 10 PM.
- Chair-beds are provided and must be made daily by 9 AM.
- For safety reasons, guests cannot sleep in the patient’s hospital bed or crib, and children cannot sleep in the chair-bed with their parent.
- Because patients begin their daily activities early, guests must rise and dress by 7 AM.
- Shower facilities are available in the parent lounge. Guests should bring their own toiletries.
- Linens and towels are provided.
- All TV sets (except in the parent lounge) must be turned off by 10 PM to ensure patients receive proper rest.
- Cell phone use and video communication (e.g., Skype, Facetime) are allowed until 10 PM, but restricted during patient care and therapy.
- Personal medication belonging to rooming-in guests should be locked up (lockers are available in the parent lounge) with caps closed tightly, and kept out of reach of children.
Meal Service for Guests:
For a small fee, Kennedy Krieger will provide meals for guests who choose to room-in. If you are interested in this service, please inform Patient & Community Engagement at (443) 923-2640 at the time of admission.