Status messageActive context: patient_care_menu
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Follow-Up Clinic
Kennedy Krieger Institute • 801 North Broadway • Baltimore, MD 21205
Marilee Allen, M.D.
Mary L. O'Connor Leppert, M.B., B.Ch., B.A.O.
About Our Program:
In coordination with area Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICU’s), this program monitors the development of preterm infants and other high-risk newborns from infancy into later childhood for the identification of developmental disabilities including motor sensory, learning, language and behavior disorders.
Primary Program Goals:
Early identification and treatment of developmental problem in high-risk newborns.
Children at highest risk are being well-monitored, while those with lesser concerns are often not being referred or evaluated.
This infant was the 900-gram product (2-pound) of a 28-week gestation, and required NICU care for two months. Complications included development of chronic lung disease and intraventricular hemorrhage. The family was advised of their child's developmental risks and recommended for close neurodevelopmental tracking by a specialized team. The infant had mild motor delays in the first year and the family was advised by the physical therapist on handling and motor development. She progressed well in other areas of development.
Hours of Operation:
Monday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Related Materials and Information
Related Potential Magazine Articles
- Patient Care Overview
- Diagnoses & Disorders
- Concerns & Symptoms
- Find a Specialist
- Patient Care Programs
- Patient Care Centers
- Departments & Medical Specialties
- Patient Care Laboratories
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- For Health Care Professionals
- Request an Appointment
- Online Bill Pay
Appointments & Referrals
Additional Diagnoses Served
- Assistive Technology Clinic
- Audiology Clinic
- Behavioral Psychology Outpatient Programs
- Botulinum Toxin Treatment Program
- Phelps Center for Cerebral Palsy and Neurodevelopmental Medicine
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Day Feeding Program
- Center for Development and Learning
- Family Support Services
- Feeding Disorders Clinic
- Movement Disorders Program (MDP)
- Neurology and Neurogenetics Clinic
- Neuropsychology Department Outpatient Clinics
- Nutrition Outpatient Program
- Occupational Therapy Clinic
- Orthopedic Outpatient Clinic
- Pediatric Psychology Program
- Interdisciplinary Brain Injury Clinic
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit
- Physical Therapy Clinic
- Speech and Language Outpatient Clinic
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.