Our qualified and trained educators are excited to offer a unique, free, high-quality prekindergarten program with a level 5—the highest possible—rating by Maryland EXCELS (Excellence Counts in Early Learning and School Age Care).
We use the Connect4Learning® Pre-K curriculum, a National Science Foundation-supported program to encourage child development and learning across different areas and st ages of development. The program provides a safe learning environment with a low staff -to-student ratio so we may meet the learning and emotional needs of each child.
Only 15 slots are available this year - APPLY NOW!
Highlights of Our Program:
- Full day educational program
- A certified Pre-K teacher
- Highly skilled child care staff
- Safe, well-equipped classrooms
- Enriching, multi-sensory classroom activities
- Daily parent engagement and communication through the Brightwheel app
- Breakfast, lunch and snack provided daily
- Outside play twice per day weather permitting
- Quarterly parent meetings related to topics of interest
- On-site access to related services such as occupational therapy, speech therapy, and social work, as needed
- Small class size (maximum of eight students per room)
- Personal protective equipment provided for staff and children
- Adherence to health and safety guidelines set by the CDC, the Maryland State Department of Education and Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Restricted access to classrooms during drop-off and pick-up
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures
- Virtual instruction provided in the event of unexpected school closures
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Classrooms will stagger arrival and departure times.
Kennedy Krieger Institute - Greenspring Campus
3901 Greenspring Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21211
Please note: Transportation is not provided.
- Child must be 3 or 4 years of age by September 1, 2020
- Child must be a Maryland resident.
- Families must provide transportation for their children
- Parent must take part in virtual parent-training activities during the school year
This free program is only available to families whose income is no more than 300% above the federal poverty line (see chart). Families will be asked to provide proof of income during the registration process.
This program is made possible by a grant from the Maryland State Department of Education.
How to Apply:
We look forward to hearing from you today. To request an application, contact Stephanie Casperite at Casperite@KennedyKrieger.org or 667-205-4174.
Openings will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis pending eligibility.