Guest Services: We are committed to making your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Our Guest Relations Department organizes and plans outings and special events for inpatient parents and caregivers, and also provides support and activities so you can take a break, relax, and recharge. A guest relations representative is available to assist you during your stay and can be reached at (443) 923-2640.
Parent Lounge: Located on the third floor, our parent lounge includes a microwave, refrigerator, and seating area. A bathroom, shower, and computer with Internet access are also available. Lockers are available for personal items and can be obtained through the Guest Relations Department. The parent lounge is open 24 hours a day; however, this area is for adults only and is not a sleeping area. The door access code is provided by nursing staff upon admission.
Seated Massage: Complimentary 10-minute seated massages are offered each week to parents and caregivers. A sign-up sheet is located in the parent lounge.
- A family member or caregiver can room with the patient on the inpatient unit. Because of space limitations, only one individual per patient may spend the night at any given time.
- Individuals rooming-in (family members and friends) must be 18 years of age or older.
- If the guest is someone other than a parent or guardian, written permission must be obtained from the parent/legal guardian or the patient (if older than 18 years of age) authorizing that the person can stay with the patient.
- Individuals rooming-in with a patient must provide photo identification, and a copy will be placed in the medical record.
- Individuals rooming-in should arrive no later than 10 PM.
- Chair-beds are provided and must be made daily by 9 AM.
- For safety reasons, guests cannot sleep in the patient’s hospital bed or crib, and children cannot sleep in the chair-bed with their parent.
- Because patients begin their daily activities early, guests must rise and dress by 7 AM.
- Shower facilities are available in the parent lounge. Guests should bring their own toiletries.
- Linens and towels are provided.
- All TV sets (except in the parent lounge) must be turned off by 10 PM to ensure patients receive proper rest.
- Cell phone use and video communication (e.g., Skype, Facetime) are allowed until 10 PM, but restricted during patient care and therapy.
- Personal medication belonging to rooming-in guests should be locked up (lockers are available in the parent lounge) with caps closed tightly, and kept out of reach of children.
Meal Service for Guests:
For a small fee, Kennedy Krieger will provide meals for guests who choose to room-in. If you are interested in this service, please inform Guest Relations at (443) 923-2640 at the time of admission.