“The only time you should ever look back, is to see how far you’ve come.”
In reflecting over the past 25 years, we are proud of how far we have come and how many families that have been a part of our lives.
Even more important is how excited we are about what is to come!
Take a look back at some of our key milestones throughout the past 25 years:
- Over the past 25 years, CARD has grown!
When we started, we treated around 350 patients a year. Since that time, we have seen a 100 fold increase and now treat between 3500-4000 patients a year
We started with six employees (SW, SLP, NP, PSYCH, and MD). Today, we have 178 employees that include MD fellows, and neuropsychology post docs
- Our Achievement classrooms have expanded so that we now have 11 classrooms with 118 children across two locations
- Developed early treatment intervention for infants and toddlers
- Created Life Skills programs for elementary-aged children
- Three locations, including the opening of a new location in Howard County in Spring 2020 to expand our access to treatment for patients and families
- Created the Pragmatic Reading Scale – PRS – Developed and copyrighted by Dr. Landa • Developed Social Communication Assess Book sharing
- Created SKIPS – Social Communication Interaction and Play Screener for younger and older preschoolers
- Created a series of Parent Trainings/Support Groups to aid our families
- Developed the Mental Health Crisis Assessment Scale as a way to identify individuals with ASD who are at risk for a mental health crisis
- Created the Motor Learning questionnaire to aid clinicians in developing effective treatment options
- Developed new evidence-based intervention programs for children
- Published research on the use of mindfulness for children with ASD in reducing anxiety
- New evidence-based program for preschoolers with ASD implemented by teachers in public schools
- Created professional training programs for teachers and parents
- Trained teachers and childcare providers in PA, DE, ME, MD for best practices in teaching and working with children with ASD
- Developed the nine-minute educational tutorial to educate parents and professionals as a resource for the possible early signs of autism in very young children. This video can be found on the web with over two million views and it has been translated into translated into multiple languages, including Spanish, Arabic and Chinese.