How your organization can help
Kennedy Krieger Institute is dedicated to transforming the lives of children and young adults with, or at risk of developing, disorders of the nervous system through groundbreaking research, innovative treatments, and life-changing education. Every year, the Institute provides treatment, education and care for over 27,000 children and their families, through its 13 locations around the Baltimore/Washington metro area and directly in the surrounding communities. While Kennedy Krieger benefits from the generous support of thousands of individuals every year, partnerships from corporations provide the base upon which the Institute can continue to help children strive in their family, school, and community life…today and for years to come.
Kennedy Krieger offers several opportunities for corporations whose leadership and employees are interested in helping us improve and save lives. You can partner with us in a variety of ways:
- Sponsorships: Kennedy Krieger’s special events attract thousands of individuals and major media coverage every year. The signature events--Festival of Trees, Hats & Horses, and ROAR for Kids--have become highly anticipated and attended events for many in the Baltimore/Washington area. They are a great platform for civic-minded organizations like yours to communicate your commitment to the community.
- Gifts and grants: Financial contributions to Kennedy Krieger and its programs help the dedicated researchers, scientists, physicians, therapists, educators, and staff continue their work to improve the lives of every child in their care.
- Matching gifts: Many of Kennedy Krieger’s corporate supporters have found that starting a program that matches part or all of their employees’ gifts to Kennedy Krieger is a great way to bring the organization together around a common purpose while reinforcing the importance of community philanthropy.
- In-kind gifts: Many of the special events and community outreach programs would not be possible without generous in-kind gifts from service providers, vendors, and so many other generous businesses who share Kennedy Krieger’s commitment to helping children with brain disorders and injuries.
- Volunteering: There are many opportunities to volunteer both from your home or office, or at an event. Kennedy Krieger would like to have your team become a part of ours. Many organizations assist with special events, on-site volunteer days, collecting Wish List items, organizing food drives, or helping a family through the Institute’s holiday gift program.