About The Festival
The 33rd annual Festival of Trees will return Thanksgiving weekend for three days of holiday cheer that benefits the patients, students and programs at Kennedy Krieger Institute.
Holiday fun returns! For the first time since 2019, Festival of Trees returns as an in-person event at the Maryland State Fairgrounds during Thanksgiving weekend, Nov. 25-27. This three-day holiday celebration benefits the patients, students and programs at Kennedy Krieger Institute and kicks off the most wonderful time of the year.
Hundreds of designer-decorated trees, wreaths and gingerbread houses will be on sale and displayed throughout the Cow Palace, which will be transformed into a winter wonderland for this festive weekend. This year's timed-entry ticketing will minimize crowds, reduce lines and make for a safer, more enjoyable experience for all.
Don't miss all that Festival of Trees has in store, including:
- One-of-a-kind, designer-decorated trees, wreaths and gingerbread houses on display and for sale
- A bevy of silent auction items, ranging from sports memorabilia to family fun packages, to view, easily bid on and track online
- Holiday entertainment, including performances by the Grammy-nominated band Milkshake at 10:30 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Friday, November 25
- In-person visits with Santa Claus
- Artisan vendors selling handmade crafts, novelties, ornaments and gifts
- Returning this year: our second annual Festival of Trees Toy Drive—we'll be collecting toys on-site for the patients and students served by the Institute.
Kick off the holiday season fun at Festival of Trees!
Make sure to follow Kennedy Krieger’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram pages to stay up to date on all the latest news for Festival of Trees. Help us spread the word by liking and sharing Festival of Trees posts!
Please email us at FestivalofTrees@KennedyKrieger.org if you have any questions.
COVID-19 Precautions at Festival of Trees
All staff, vendors and volunteers will be masked for the safety of our patients, students, their families and our guests. Because the staff and volunteers who work the event also work with critically ill patients every day, we ask that those who attend Festival of Trees please keep that in mind and consider our strong recommendation to mask while enjoying Festival of Trees.
Festival of Trees is an all-volunteer fundraising event that benefits critically-ill children. We care about you, our designers, our staff, volunteers, vendors and the patients and families we serve every day. Therefore, we are taking the following infection control precautions at Festival of Trees:
- Timed-ticketing to reduce crowds and provide a more enjoyable experience with fewer lines
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the event
- Masked and fully-vaccinated volunteers, staff and vendors
- Doors will be partially open to provide fresh air and air flow (please dress accordingly!)
- Tables in the food court will be distanced (we encourage taking food to outdoor seating)
- Additional seating and food options outside within a heated pavilion
- Timed designer decorating times to provide social distancing during our designer tree decorating days