COVID -19 Safety Highlights at Kennedy Krieger School Programs
- Masking continues to be required for staff inside our buildings in both student and non-student areas and across KKI. It is recommended that staff use a face shield when working with students who are not masking. Staff who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear a face shield when working with students who aren’t masked. Our school programs are all starting the fall off outbreak status. Masking is strongly recommended but not required for students at this time This may be subject to change based on case rates and/or return of outbreak status.
- All staff and students are screened for COVID symptoms upon arrival.
- Staff - all Kennedy Krieger Institute staff are required to be fully vaccinated unless they have a medical or religious exemption.
- Students –we strongly encourage parents/guardians to have all eligible students vaccinated (currently those 6 months and older) and boosted (currently those 5 years and older).This clinic is open to the public. For more information about this clinic, you can call 667-205-4930 or email COVID19vaccine@kennedykrieger.org.
- Locate a Vaccination Site in the Community: Many vaccination sites are walk-in with no need for an appointment. Text your zip code to 438829, or visit the GoVax Maryland website by clicking this link: marylandvax.org, or call 1-855-MDGOVAX (1-855-634-6829) between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. seven days a week.
- Contact Tracing and Quarantine Requirements
- We follow guidance for contact tracing and quarantine in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Maryland Department of Health (MDH), the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE), local health departments, and Kennedy Krieger Institute Infection Control team.
“Thank you, Kennedy Krieger, for keeping the safety bar high. We know you’ll do this right and keep our kids safe!” – Parent of a KKS student