News & Updates
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Pediatric Neuropsychology Residency Program Overview
The Department of Neuropsychology at Kennedy Krieger Institute offers postdoctoral residency training opportunities in pediatric neuropsychology. Through exposure to diverse patient populations in a variety of settings, we aim to develop clinical competencies that prepare graduating residents for board certification in clinical neuropsychology, and to practice competently in a wide range of settings.
The residency program at Kennedy Krieger Institute endorses the Division 40 definition of a clinical neuropsychologist and the Houston Conference guidelines for training in clinical neuropsychology. As such, we support board certification in Clinical Neuropsychology through the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) as the standard of competency in clinical neuropsychology and the scientist-practitioner model of training. As a participating member of the Association of Postdoctoral Programs in Clinical Neuropsychology (APPCN), our two-year training program adheres to the APPCN guidelines for residency programs in clinical neuropsychology and participates in the APPCN residency matching program each year.
Approximately 70 percent of each resident’s time is spent delivering clinical services, while didactic learning and research experiences comprise the other 30 percent.
Our program offers clinical training experiences with a wide range of patient populations from birth through young adulthood. Children and adolescents are served within diverse settings throughout the institute, including our outpatient specialty clinics, rehabilitation continuum of care, and other interdisciplinary settings such as the Kennedy Krieger School and the Center for Autism and Related Disorders.
Residents complete six, 4-month major rotations: two rotations in outpatient specialty clinics, two rotations within the rehabilitation continuum of care, and two rotations in additional interdisciplinary settings. The specific major rotations are described below.