Kennedy Krieger Institute Genetics Laboratories
707 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205
Kennedy Krieger Institute Genetics Lab Billing Department
Attn: Ann Snitcher
Phone: (443) 923-2788
Fax: (443) 923-2755
Tax ID: 52-1524965
Our CAP accreditation has been extended until September 14, 2015. A copy of our current accreditation certificate can be found here.
All samples for DNA testing for peroxisomal disorders should be sent directly to the DNA Diagnostic Lab at Johns Hopkins. The full range of biochemical testing for peroxisomal disorders is still available.
Below is a list of tests offered through the Biochemical Genetics section of the Genetics Laboratories at Kennedy Krieger Institute.
Biochemical Genetics Tests:
- Amino Acid Analysis, quantitative
- N-acetyl-l-aspartic acid (Canavan Disease)
- Acylcarnitine Profile
- Carnitine, free and total
- Cholestanol (Cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis)
- Cholesterol Biosynthesis Intermediates:
- 7-Dehydrocholesterol (Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome)
- Lathosterol (Lathosterolosis)
- Desmosterol (Desmosterolosis)
- 8(9) Cholestenol (CDPX2)
- Guanidinoacetic Acid + Creatine
- 3-Methylglutaconic acid
- Methylmalonic acid
- Mevalonate (Mevalonic Aciduria, Hyper IgD Syndrome)
- Organic Acids gas chromatography/mass spectrometry
- Orotic Acid
- Sitosterol (Sitosterolemia, Phytosterolemia)
- Prenatal Diagnosis:
- Canavan Disease
- Smith-Lemli-Optiz Syndrome
Please download the Biochemical Genetics Test Requisition Form for pricing, sample, and shipping requirements. The completed form should accompany the samples you send for testing.