News & Updates
Thurs, 03/01/12 -- 12:00am
COMING SOON! Clinically licensed TCA (Citric Acid Cycle) Intermediates assay of mitochondrial dysfunction (currently available on a research basis only).
Mon, 08/08/11 -- 12:00am
All samples for DNA testing for peroxisomal disorders should be sent directly to the DNA Diagnostic Lab at Johns Hopkins. The full range of biochemical testing for peroxisomal disorders is still available.
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Below is a list of tests offered through the Biochemical Genetics section of the Genetics Laboratories at Kennedy Krieger Institute. Please download the Biochemical Genetics Test Requisition Form for pricing, sample, and shipping requirements. The completed form should accompany the samples you send for testing.
Biochemical Genetics Tests:
- Amino Acid Analysis, quantitative
- N-acetyl-l-aspartic acid (Canavan Disease)
- Acylcarnitine Profile
- Carnitine, free and total
- Cholestanol (Cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis)
- Cholesterol Biosynthesis Intermediates:
- 7-Dehydrocholesterol (Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome)
- Lathosterol (Lathosterolosis)
- Desmosterol (Desmosterolosis)
- 8(9) Cholestenol (CDPX2)
- Guanidinoacetic Acid + Creatine
- 3-Methylglutaconic acid
- Methylmalonic acid
- Mevalonate (Mevalonic Aciduria, Hyper IgD Syndrome)
- Organic Acids gas chromatography/mass spectrometry
- Orotic Acid
- Sitosterol (Sitosterolemia, Phytosterolemia)
- Prenatal Diagnosis:
- Canavan Disease
- Smith-Lemli-Optiz Syndrome