Fairmount Travel Alert
News & Updates
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress— Publications and Products
Please click on the links below to download trauma related publications and products developed by staff from the Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress at Kennedy Krieger Institute.
- The Effects of Psychological Trauma on Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders: A Research Review
- Traumatic Childhood Experiences in the 21st Century: Broadening and Building on the ACE Studies With Data From the National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Get SMART: Effective Treatment for Sexually Abused Children with Problematic Sexual Behavior
- Children in Foster Care: Adverse Childhood Experiences and Psychiatric Diagnoses
- Supporting the Need for an Integrated System of Care for Youth with Co-occurring Traumatic Stress and Substance Abuse Problems
- Somatic Symptoms, Peer and School Stress, and Family and Community Violence Exposure Among Urban Elementary School Children
- Links Between Child and Adolescent Trauma Exposure and Service Use Histories in a National Clinic-Referred Sample
- Depression in Inner City African-American Youth: A Phenomenological Study
- Risky Business: Trauma Exposure and Rate of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder in African American Children and Adolescents
- Maternal Drug Abuse History, Maltreatment, and Functioning in a Clinical Sample of Urban Children
- FamilyLive: Parental Skill Building for Caregivers with Interpersonal Trauma Exposures
- Psychiatric disorders and lefthandedness in children living in an urban environment
- Do Trauma Symptoms Mediate the Relationship Between Childhood Physical Abuse and Adult Child Abuse Risk?
- Relability of the GAF and CGAS with Children Exposed to Trauma
- Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress Yoga-Based Psychotherapy Group Manual
The Yoga-Based Psychotherapy Group (YBPG) protocol was developed by the Mind/Body Clinic at the Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress at Kennedy Krieger Institute for children 8-12 years old who have been abused, neglected, exposed to violence or at-risk for experiencing trauma.
The YBPG Manual is intended for mental health and health care professionals, yoga teachers and teachers in academic settings. A literature review, the 14-week protocol for facilitating YBPG, weekly yoga practices for group participants and handouts are included in the 96-page manual.
The Center for Child and Family Traumatic Stress was a recipient of a SAMHSA Grant 2007-2012 which in part supported this project. The cost of the YBPG Manual is $39.95 and shipping. To order, complete and submit the below order form using the shipping cost sheet to fill in the shipping amount.