“We came to this country with no family, but now through Kennedy Krieger and PACT, we have a very large extended family.” Read story
PACT News & Updates
Need some good snack ideas?
Check out our nursery food-fun book for kids and families.
World of Care: Medical Child Care
“There was no other specialized child care program that offered the kind of full-time nursing care that Nicholas needed. I don’t know where we’d be today without PACT.”
-World of Care Parent
PACT’s World of Care specialized child care center is designed to meet the individual needs of children who have medical conditions requiring daily nursing care and children with developmental disabilities who require multiple therapies (physical, occupational, or speech/language).
While we accept typically developing children, priority for admission is given to children who are medically fragile or developmentally delayed or disabled.
World of Care is accredited by the Maryland State Department of Education and licensed by the Maryland Office of Child Care Administration.
Services We Offer
We offer a nurturing, safe environment for up to 624 children with a wide range of abilities. Our classrooms are bright and well-equipped with developmentally appropriate toys, books, and arts and crafts supplies. The state-of-the-art indoor and outdoor play areas are designed and equipped to meet the individual needs of the children. Our services include the following:
- Quality child care
- Daily nursing assessments and interventions
- Physical, occupational, and speech/language therapies
- Family counseling, support, and coordination with community services and resources
- Help facilitating the transition to schools and other settings
- Collaboration with the child’s pediatrician and other healthcare providers and therapists
- State-of-the-art Multi-Sensory Room
- After-school care for children ages three and four
- Parent/caregiver support groups
To be admitted to World of Care, families must have
- Children from six weeks to five years of age
- Documentation of their child’s special needs or medical condition (if applicable)
We maintain, on average, a one-to-three staff-to-child ratio. Our staff includes
- Specially trained child care staff
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Speech/language pathologists
- Social workers
Medical assistance, child care vouchers, and parent payment based on a sliding fee scale are all accepted.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
PACT: Helping Children with Special Needs
7000 Tudsbury Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21244