News & Updates
Take Our Reader Survey
News Brief & Events
Santa Needs Helpers
Plans are quickly coming together for the Institute's 23rd annual Festival of Trees, the largest holiday-themed festival of its kind on the East coast. The 2012 event will be held Thanksgiving weekend, November 23-25, at the Maryland State Fairgrounds, and will once again be the unofficial kickoff to the holiday season. We are currently looking for organizations and individuals who are interested in:
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Volunteering at the festival
- Entertaining the crowds from onstage
- Designing a tree, wreath, or gingerbread house
- Donating an item for the silent auction
- Providing shopping opportunities as a vendor
For more information about Kennedy Krieger Institute's Festival of Trees, please contact the special events team at (443) 923-7300 or visit www.festivaloftrees.kennedykrieger.org.
Another ROARing Success for Autism Research
To raise awareness and critical funds for autism research, Kennedy Krieger Institute held its eighth annual ROAR for Autism on April 29th, at Oregon Ridge Park in Cockeysville, Maryland. ROAR for Autism featured events and activities for everyone, including bike rides for beginner, recreational, and expert cyclists, and a youth fun ride. Participants also enjoyed nature walks, great food, and a family fun festival with games and music for everyone to enjoy.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the prevalence of autism has risen to one in 88 children. Kennedy Krieger continues to be a national leader in autism research, striving to provide earlier diagnosis and intervention. Once again, adults and children of all ages joined together to help break the silence surrounding autism by "ROARing" for the millions of children who can't.
Run for Kennedy Krieger Institute
Join us Saturday, October 13 at M&T Bank Stadium as Kennedy Krieger Institute hosts its inaugural fundraising team for the Baltimore Running Festival. Registration is open to all Institute employees, patients, families, and friends. The funds raised by Kennedy Krieger Institute's Baltimore Running Festival team will support our spinal cord injury program and the training needs of patients with disabilities who participate in the event.
Members who raise at least $250 for the Kennedy Krieger Institute team will receive:
- FREE registration for the Baltimore Running Festival
- A Kennedy Krieger Institute team technical shirt
- Unlimited access to the team hospitality tent to secure your belongings
- A special participant goody bag
- Morning coffee, breakfast, and post-race snacks and refreshments
- Additional special fun and surprises to be announced soon!