News & Events: Celebrating 20 Years with Festival of Trees
The 20th annual Kennedy Krieger Institute Festival of Trees will be held November 27 to 29 in the Cow Palace at the Maryland State Fairgrounds in Timonium. This three-day event is an exciting holiday-themed festival held to raise funds for patient care, research, special education, and community programs of the Kennedy Krieger Institute.
Festival of Trees is a winter wonderland, featuring more than 500 spectacular holiday trees, wreaths, and gingerbread houses created by local designers. From members of local Girl Scout Troops to employees at nationally renowned architectural firms, everyone gets in on the fun. Once you've feasted your eyes on the decorations, enjoy the live holiday entertainment from performers such as the kids rock group Milkshake; seasonal merchants; a children's craft area; a magical carousel; "reindeer" pony rides; a train garden; and, of course, Santa.
Over the years, Festival of Trees has become an eagerly anticipated holiday tradition for many area families. Why not make it one of your family's traditions? For more information, please visit www.festivaloftrees.kennedykrieger.org or call 443-923-7300.
Top 20 Reasons to celebrate our 20th Birthday:
20. Our towns are made of gingerbread
19. Elves outnumber people
18. Snow never melts
17. Milkshake isn't fattening
16. Ravens walk among us
15. Stars twinkle all day
14. Cookies rule
13. Bunnies love to cuddle
12. Everyone drives race cars
11. Tiny trains run on time
10. Icicles taste like peppermint
9. Magic is the norm
8. Reindeer fly
7. Holiday gift shopping is fun
6. Life is a carousel
5. Music is the universal language
4. Santa takes his time
3. No one loses at games
2. Ponies have antlers
1. The first 20 people each day get in FREE!
Maryland State Fairgrounds, Timonium, Maryland
November 27, 28 & 29, 2009
Fri. 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. ? Sat. 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. ? Sun. 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Admission Price: Adults $10, Kids and Seniors $5
- Letter from our President - Fall 2009
- Khai's Story
- Girl Interrupted
- Never Say Never: Kennedy Krieger Gives Hope, Not Limits, to a Family from Nebraska
- Research Frontiers: Looking for an Alternative to Embryonic Stem Cells
- Building the Future
- News & Events: Celebrating 20 Years with Festival of Trees
- Celebrating the Life and Legacy of Eunice Kennedy Shriver (1921-2009)