Status messageActive context: patient_care_menu
Kennedy Krieger welcomes families and friends, and asks that they adhere to the following guidelines:
- Only those persons designated by the patient’s legal guardian will be permitted to visit. The legal guardian must complete a visitor authorization card (obtained from the security officer on duty) on the day of admission.
- All visitors must first stop at the security desk, where the officer will check their name against those on the authorization card. If the visitor’s name is on the card, the security officer will issue a wristband to the visitor.
- General visiting hours are from 8 AM to 8 PM.
- Two visitors per patient are allowed at a time.
- Visitors younger than age 16 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
- If you have any requests for visitor restrictions, please let the charge nurse know. Visitors can be restricted if their presence interferes with a patient’s safety or is medically or therapeutically inadvisable.
- When attending therapy sessions, the parent or caregiver is responsible for the behavior of any visitors or siblings, and must ensure that they do not compromise the safety of others or interfere with appointments.
- For the safety of our patients, family members (including siblings and rooming parents) and visitors with symptoms of illness/infection should not visit the Institute. Visitors who arrive at the Institute displaying signs and symptoms of illness/infection will be asked to leave and not return until their illness resolves.
- During respiratory virus season, visitors under 16 years of age are able to visit in designated areas only. They may be restricted from inpatient areas.
- Patient Care Overview
- Diagnoses & Disorders
- Concerns & Symptoms
- Find a Specialist
- Patient Care Programs
- Patient Care Centers
- Departments & Medical Specialties
- Patient Care Laboratories
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- Patient Bill of Rights
- Children's Rights and Responsibilities
- Patient and Visitor Guide
- Inpatient Family Handbook
- Preparing for the Hospital Stay
- Family-Centered Care
- What to Bring
- Patient Rooms
- When You Arrive
- Patient Safety
- Your Healthcare Team
- Patient Satisfaction
- Discharge Day
- For Your Convenience
- Finding the Resources You Need
- Financial and Billing Matters
- Campus Safety and Security
- For Your Privacy
- International Patients
- Guest Relations
- Ethics Committee
- Health Information Management
- Patient Billing
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Resource Finder
- Project Heal
- Maryland Health Connection
- For Health Care Professionals
- Request an Appointment
- Online Bill Pay
Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.